EDUARDO FERNÁNDEZ-MOSCOSO. Dipl. Arch, MS.AAD.
Eduardo is an architect with a particular artistic and intellectual preoccupation. He has a remarkable academic background in Universities in several countries. He also has worked with some of the most renowned architects in the world and combines an already extensive professional career with teaching.
Eduardo achieved his academic education at the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura in Valencia, completed his diploma project in the Ecole d´Architecture Paris-la Defense and received a Master of Science in Architectural Advanced Design from Columbia University in 2002. He started his professional training in 1996 at several offices in Valencia before moving to Santiago Calatrava’s office, where he worked for 3 years. In this period of time he became project manager of the Serrería suspended bridge in the City of Sciences of Valencia, was member of the construction team of the Museum of Sciences in Valencia and collaborated in several projects as the Petach-Ticva Footbridge in Tel-Aviv, the Puerto Madero Bridge in Buenos Aires, the Isios Wine Cellar in La Rioja, Spain and Mr. Calatrava’s private residence in New York, USA. Upon completing his master’s degree at the GSAPP, he started teaching at Columbia University as adjunct assistant professor of design studio under Professor Sulan Kolatan for 2 semesters, and collaborated with Cleanroom Inc. in the renovation of the Museum of Sex of New York City at the same time. In February 2003 he moved to London to join Foreign Office Architects, working as senior architect in several projects like an office building for the Sociopolis complex in Valencia or the technology transfer centre in La Rioja, Spain. Eduardo also participated in international competitions such as the Metz’ Art Center in France and the BBC Music Center in London winning first prize. Since his return to Spain he has been practicing his professional career in Valencia, where he has designed several residential buildings, single family houses and has participated in international competitions. He also taught Contemporary Art and Culture in the school of Architecture at European University of Madrid (UEM) from 2008 to 2011.
In 2010 he founded bioGraphica, an architectural office focused on architecture based on the concept of the person. Commissions in this period include two footbridges in Oslo (Norway), a 18th century chapel renovation in Valencia, a telescopic roof over a patio of a 16th century castle in Roquetas de Mar (Almeria) as well as several competitions.
- 2013-Present Master in Theoretical and Practical Philosophy. School of Philosophy, Spanish University of Distance Education
- 2001-2002 Master of Science in Advanced Architectural Design (MS.AAD), Graduate School of Architecture. Columbia University, USA
- 1995-1996 Diploma Project. Ecole d´Architecture Paris-la Defense. Paris (Hons)
- 1989-1995 Master degree in Architecture, Escuela Técnica Superior of Arquitectura. Valencia, Spain.
HONORS + AWARDS
- 2010 State Secondary School in Canals, Valencia. Spain. 1st prize for the architectural proposal.
- 2008 160 unit Residential building, market and parking. Almería, Spain. Honorific mention.
- 2007 Science and Nature Museum. Roquetas de Mar, Almería. Second Prize.
- 2004 BBC Music Box, London. With Foreign Office Architects. First Prize.
- 2003 Town hall building in Lliria, Valencia, Spain. Runner-up.
- 2001 Fulbright scholarship. GSAAP. Master of Science in Architectural Advanced Design. Columbia University
- 2001 Center for Handicapped in Palma de Mallorca, Baleares. Runner-up.
- 1995 ERASMUS scholarship. Ecole d’Architecture de Paris-La Defense. Diploma Project.
- Fall 2013 SketchUp v.13 professional course. Rambøll Norge AS. Fredrikstad, Norway
- 2008-2012 Part time Professor of Contemporary Art and Culture at Universidad Europea (UEM). Valencia.
- Fall 2002 Adjunct Professor. Sulan Kolatan Studio. GSAAP, Columbia University.
- Summer 2002 Assistant Professor. Sulan Kolatan Studio. GSAAP, Columbia University.
- 2014 Strömstads Tidning. Cable-stayed pedestrian bridge 65 m span. Strömstads, Sweden
- 2008 AVG 07. Science and Nature Museum. Roquetas de Mar, Almería.
- 2007 COA Alemería. Park of Sciences and Nature. Roquetas de Mar, Almería.
- 2005 Interni. Noematic’s Valencia. Valencia Journal 2005.
- 2004 Interni. Itinerarios del Diseño. Guía Valencia 2004.
- 2004 AV Projects 002 BBC Music Box. Foreign Office Architects. Pp. 22-23
- 2003 PASAJES N. 55. Año 6. Centro de Arte Metz. Foreign Office Arch. P. 12
- 2003 PASAJES N. 55. Año 6. BBC Music Box. Foreign Office Arch. P. 20
- 2003 PASAJES N. 49. Año 5. Sociopolis Valencia. Foreign Office Arch. P. 77
- 2003 El Croquis. 115/116 (I). Collaborator of Foreign Office Architects.
- 2002 Abstract 2001-2002. MS.AAD.